Reference number: ENER19269
Position: Chief Engineer: Energy Revenue
Department: Revenue Services
Salary: 675 744 – 926 988 R per year (plus benefits)
· Manages the installation and maintenance processes of electricity meters carried out in all Depots
· Manage projects in the project management subsection
· Providing general management direction for the Accounting and Electrical Installations Department
· Manage processes that ensure Department of Energy revenue stream optimization
· Manage the installation and maintenance of prepaid meters, conventional meters and AMR meters in the warehouse
· Manages the capital and operating budgets of the Accounting and Electrical Installations Department
· Manage revenue based capital budget allocations for accounting and electrical department
· Manage and provide strategic direction in the development, promotion, implementation and monitoring of customer education community activities, campaigns and projects
· Ensure that all electrical equipment connected to the utility network complies with electrical regulations and bylaws.
· Ensure projects are managed in accordance with best practice methodologies and policies and procedures
· Lead and manage direct and indirect teams by providing meaningful context, setting performance standards and training on policies and processes
· Implementation of governance and risk management, Council policies and municipal by-laws to ensure effective revenue protection and legal compliance.
· Comply with legislation and organizational policies to effectively contribute to the achievement of organizational goals
· Ensure compliance with Batho Pele principles, maintaining good customer relations and efficient and productive service delivery
· Ensuring effective and efficient management to maintain high levels of productivity
· B degree in electrical engineering (heavy currents) or certificate of competency in electrical engineering
· Registered with ECSA (Pr. Eng / Pr. Tech Eng / Pr. Cert Eng)
· Extensive experience in the areas of municipal electricity distribution networks and accounting
· 5 years of experience in similar environments
Interested candidates whose education and experience match this challenging and exciting position are invited to apply using the online application system attached to the advertisement on the City of Ekurhuleni website (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Ask: Tel: 0860 54 3000
The winning candidate will have to sign an activity contract in accordance with the Council’s resolution.
Candidates may be required to provide evidence of the KCC level applicable to their qualifications.
If applicants are not notified of the outcome of their application within six weeks of the application deadline, it must be considered withdrawn. The City of Ekurhuleni accepts the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not to appoint or to appoint laterally.
Main Location: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
Job: Snr Engineer: Energy Revenue Customer Services | Professionals
Organization: Department of Energy (2019)
Job announcement: 08-23-2023, 04:37:06
application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).