Account number: NER19269
Name: Senior Engineer: Energy Revenue
Division: Commodity Services
Salary: R675 744 – R926 988 per annum (plus benefits)
· Manages electricity meter installation and meter maintenance activities in all warehouses
· Manage projects within the Project Management subsection
· Provide general guidelines for the management of the metering and electrical installations section
· Manage Department of Energy revenue enhancement activities
· Manage installation and maintenance of prepaid meters, conventional meters and AMR metering in warehouses
· Manages the capital and operating budget of the metering and electrical facilities section
· Manages budgetary capital allocations made for metering and electrical sections based on revenue
· Manages and provides strategic direction for the development, implementation, implementation and monitoring of the effectiveness of client education activities, campaigns and community projects
· All electrical installations connected to the municipal grid to comply with electricity laws and regulations
· Ensure projects are managed in accordance with best practices, policies and procedures
· Lead and manage direct and indirect teams, provide appropriate referrals, establish performance standards, and provide training on policies and procedures
· Governance and risk management, implementing advisory policies and municipal regulations to ensure revenue security and compliance
· Adhere to laws and organizational policies to effectively contribute to the achievement of the organization’s mission
· Adherence to Batho Pele principles, maintaining good customer relations and providing efficient and effective service
· Ensure effective and efficient management to ensure high productivity
Minimum Requirements: 1.1.
· B Grade Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) or Electrical Engineers Qualification Certificate
· ECSA certificate (Q. Eng/ Q. Tech Engineer/ Q. Certified Engineer)
· Extensive experience in municipal electricity distribution and metering networks
· 5 years of experience in a similar environment
Interested candidates whose background and experience matches these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply through the online application system advertised on the City of Ekurhuleni website (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000
The successful candidate must sign a performance agreement as recommended by the Board.
Candidates will need to provide evidence of NQF level applicable to the qualifications achieved.
If candidates are not informed of the results within six weeks of the last date, it should be disqualified. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, and reserves the right to exclude or reassign.
Primary location: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
Job: Senior Engineer: Energy Revenue Customer Services | professional
Organization: Department of Energy (2019).
All the time
Job Description: 23-Aug-2023, 4:37:06 PM
online application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).