Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2024 at one of the College campuses: Ann Latsky Campus, Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus, SG Lourens Campus or Bonalesedi Campus.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Added advantage will be given to those who studied in Quintile 1,2,3 schools in townships, informal settlement and hostel communities in Gauteng Province.
- You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates –
- a Senior Certificate,
- a National Senior Certificate,
- Currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
Skills and Competencies:
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Organisational ability
- Leadership ability
- Calmness during a crisis
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
- Compassionate and caring.
How to Apply
- NO late applications will be accepted
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.