36 positions are available.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024
Number of Reference: HSR240206-3
Synopsis of the Job Ad
In order to collect data for a research study being conducted in KwaZulu Natal, the CCBR is looking to appoint competent individuals as Data Collectors. The shortlisted bidders will gather information from patients who receive care at the chosen clinics as well as from basic care clinics. at order to do this, survey instruments must be completed at the clinic, clinic users must be identified, tracked, and contacted, and survey instruments must be completed with clinic users in their preferred venue or location. The following regions of KwaZulu Natal are scheduled to receive data collection: Thirty-six (36) positions are available for a short-term contract of nine months.
Minimum Requirements: Grade 12 with related work experience, or a three-year tertiary qualification.
- Consenting participants
- Assisting the team leader and study coordinator in achieving all stipulated QA/QC targets
- Tracking and tracing selected patients for study activities
- Able to read patient clinic charts and perform data abstraction
- Conduct and capture surveys on REDCap
- Able to perform telephone calls to participants to collect, verify, update and capture, new or existing patient information
- Compile a list of all participants to be scheduled for appointments
- Report any problems to study coordinator/team leader the same day of identification
- Attend to QC reports/issues and follow up on & resolve missing data and conflicting data issues
- Participate in the development and refinement of the data collection process
- Performing a finger prick for the collection of Dried Blood Spots (DBS)
- Ensuring bio-hazardous waste is disposed of according to waste management guidelines
- Maintaining regular documentation and records of all daily activities
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with local community stakeholders
- Updating logs
- Working with the community programmes and stakeholder relations unit to conduct community preparation and mobilisation activities
- Ensuring accurate record keeping of participant information